Notice of Executive Session (IC 5-14-1.5-6.1 (b)(9))
The Indiana State Board of Animal Health will hold an executive session under IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9) to evaluate the job performance of the state veterinarian for potential reappointment on April 11, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. at Discovery Hall - Suite 100, 1202 E. 38th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana.
QUARTERLY MEETING AGENDA
The Indiana State Board of Animal Health will hold its quarterly meeting at 9:45 a.m. on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at the Board of Animal Health office at Discovery Hall – Suite 100, 1202 East 38th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Recognition of BOAH Employees’ Years of Service
1. Approval of minutes of the previous meeting, January 24, 2013
2. Appointment of a State Veterinarian
3. 9:50 a.m. Public Hearing on Proposed Rule to repeal animal health requirements for exhibition, including Equine Piroplasmosis testing for horse racing meetings. LSA document #12-621.
4. Consideration for Final Adoption proposed rule to repeal of animal health requirements for exhibition, including Equine Piroplasmosis testing for horse racing meetings. LSA document #12-621.
5. Consideration of Emergency Rule to repeal requirements for Equine Piroplasmosis testing prior to horse racing meetings.
6. Program Report –Companion Animal and Equine Health, Dr. Sandi Norman
7. Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) program update, Dr. Shelly Chavis
8. 9:55 a.m. Public Hearing on Proposed Amendments to Rules Governing Deer and Elk (cervidae) health programs. LSA document #12-491.
9. Consideration for Final Adoption Proposed Amendments to Rules Governing Deer and Elk (cervidae) health programs. LSA document #12-491.
10. Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (ADDL) Report
a. Consideration of changes to the ADDL fee schedule.
11. Food Safety
a. Dairy Program, Mr. Doug Metcalf
b. Meat and Poultry Inspection Program, Dr. James Scott
12. Animal Programs
a. Animal Programs Division report, Dr. Marianne Ash
b. Biosecurity Planning, Dr. Maria Cooper
c. Avian Health, Dr. Michael Kopp
d. Scrapie Program, Dr. Cheryl Miller
e. Swine Health Program, Dr. Melissa Justice
13. Technical Services
a. Chief of Staff, Mr. Gary Haynes
b. General Assembly report, Mrs. Sarah Simpson
c. Compliance Report, Mrs. Sarah Simpson
d. Public Information, Mrs. Denise Derrer
14. Election of Officers
b. Vice Chairperson
15. Appointment of Hearing Officer
16. Other Business:
a. State Veterinarian’s Report
b. Establish date for the July 2013 meeting