About Limited Criminal History Records
A Limited Criminal History contains only felonies and class A misdemeanor arrests within the state of Indiana. Completeness of this information is based upon county participation. As an alternative to performing a search online, a Limited Criminal History can also be obtained by mailing a request form to the Indiana State Police. Click here to print a Request Form to send by mail.
Effective May 1, 2014, money orders will be the only acceptable form of payment for Limited Criminal History background reports. Money orders must be made out to the State of Indiana and submitted in person or mailed to: Indiana State Police, Criminal History Limited Check, P.O. Box 6188, Indianapolis, IN, 46206-6188.
Important Notice regarding this online service:
- An official search result is provided at the conclusion of this electronic transaction. Please click here for a sample record.
- All searches conducted using the online service will be considered a completed request and are subject to associated fees regardless of whether or not a detailed record is found. A response of No Records Found is an official search result.
- To use this online service, you must allow session (temporary) cookies on your browser. If you would like more information on what cookies are, why they are needed, and instructions on turning on this feature, please read the FAQ.
- Turn off any pop-up blocking software installed on your PC.
- You will need a printer to print your record. Please turn on and test your printer now by printing this page. To retain a copy of the record please print or save the record at the time of the request. No record will be mailed to you as a result of completing a successful search.