Regional Initiative Grants
The Regional Initiative Grant (RIG) program provides funding to arts organizations in order to ensure all Indiana citizens have access to quality arts and cultural activities. These grants are managed through the Regional Arts Partners, which are community-based Indiana organizations that focus on providing better access to a variety of arts services within their designated counties. All applications to these programs should be submitted through the IAC's online grant system, but other details such as payments and contracts are handled through the Regional Arts Partners.
- Arts Project Support (APS) grants provide funding to Indiana arts and non-arts organizations* to support a distinct aspect of the organization’s arts activities, such as a one-time event; a single production; an exhibition; an educational seminar; or series of related arts activities, such as art classes or training sessions.
- Arts Organization Support I (AOSI) and II (AOSII) provide annual operating support for the ongoing artistic and administrative functions of eligible arts organizations that align with the Indiana Arts Commission’s Public Funding Imperatives. It is important to note that AOSII is on a two-year application cycle (FY18-19). In FY19, applications are available for AOSI only.
- The difference between Arts Organization Support I and II depends on organization budget size. To find out which category you should apply in please contact your Regional Arts Partner.
Fiscal Year 2019
Open to Arts Project Support and Arts Organization Support I applicants. *Organizations NOT currently receiving AOS support must submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) by January 17, 2018 and receive approval to apply. Current AOS grant recipients do not need to submit an LOI.
|Guidelines Available||Monday, December 20, 2017|
|(*AOS Only) Letter of Intent to Apply Due||Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 4:30 p.m. eastern time|
|(*AOS Only) Eligibility Notifications Sent to Applicants by||January 26, 2018|
|Application Due||March 1, 2018, 4:30 p.m. eastern time|
|Grant Review Panels||Spring 2018|
|Award Notification||Early July 2018|
|First Payment (75%)||September–October 2018|
|Final Grant Report Due||July 12, 2019, 4:30 p.m. eastern time|
|Second Payment (25%)||September–October 2019|
|Fiscal Year 2019 Guidelines|
|Arts Project Support||Arts Organizations Support I|
|Evaluation Criteria||Evaluation Criteria|
Fiscal Year 2018 (Grants were awarded July 2017)
First Payment (75%)...........................................................September–October 2017
Second Payment (25%).......................................................September–October 2018
*all times eastern
|Fiscal Year 2018 Guidelines|
|Arts Project Support||Arts Organizations Support I||FY18/19 Arts Organizations Support II|
|Evaluation Critera||Evaluation Criteria||Evaluation Criteria|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Program guidelines and reporting deadlines vary by region. Please contact your Regional Arts Partner for more information.
- Board Template (downloadable file)
- APS Project Budget Form
- Community Engagement Information
- Accessibility Information
FY19 Sample (blank) Applications
Please contact your Regional Arts Partner for more information.