Salary and Benefits
- Excise Officers earn 12 vacation days annually. Additional vacation days are granted after 5, 10, and 20 years of service to a maximum of 25.
- 15 paid holidays annually
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Group individual or family medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents.
- Retirement insurance for retiree and eligible dependents after 25 years of creditable service.
- All uniforms, firearms, vehicles and other equipment used in performance of duty are furnished by the Indiana State Excise Police.
- Advancement opportunities
- Statewide geographic transfer opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Starting salary in recruit school is $39,420. Upon successful completion of recruit school, trainees will be elevated to probationary officer status and will receive a salary of $42,860.
- Excise Officers, Conservation Officers and Gaming Agents have a combined pension plan. Mandatory retirement age is 65. Early retirement options are available; age 45 with at least 15 yrs. of creditable service (reduced benefit); age 50 with at least 25 yrs. of creditable service (unreduced benefit), and age 55 with at least 30 yrs. of creditable service (unreduced benefit).