- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

myBMV > Identification documents for a Driver’s License or ID Card > Secure ID Driver's License and ID Cards > Secure ID Documents > SecureID Choices SecureID Choices

Customers who are renewing, amending, or replacing their current Indiana driver’s license, permit, or identification card are asked to bring original versions or certified copies of documents so they can obtain a new SecureID credential.

If you are a U.S. citizen, with a current Indiana driver’s license or identification card, and you are having difficulty collecting your documents, or want to wait, you can apply for a non-SecureID driver's license or identification card in order to drive or vote.

If you choose to get a non-SecureID, you may apply for a renewed, amended, or replacement driver’s license or identification card at any license branch. You will only need to provide documents if you have moved since your last license renewal, or your name has changed from what is shown on your birth certificate.

If your personal information or address has not changed, and you do not require testing, you may apply online for a non-SecureID driver's license. You may use this option every other time your credential expires. You will need to provide your name, date of birth, legal address, and Social Security  number to apply online.