- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

myBMV > Off-Road Vehicles and Snowmobiles > VIN Application VIN Application

Application for Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

All ORVs and snowmobiles in Indiana must have a vehicle identification number (VIN) stamped or attached to the vehicle if operated on public roadways. If the ORV or snowmobile does not have a VIN, is assembled, or the VIN is changed, then an Application for Special Identification Number – Vehicle or Watercraft – State Form 12907 must be completed.

Applications for a special identification number are processed by the BMV Central Office. The Special Identification Number – MVIN Vehicle Application Packet provides a detailed list of the documents required to be submitted with the application for title. Prior to submitting each application, verify that all required information is included.

Download the Special Identification Number – MVIN Vehicle Application Packet