Dead Animal Disposal Licenses
The Board of Animal Health issues the following licenses concerning the disposal of dead animals:
- Disposal Plant License: Before a disposal plant operates in Indiana, a disposal plant license is required. Rendering plants require a disposal plant license.
- Collection Service License: Any person operating a service to collect dead animals and/or restaurant grease in Indiana must be licensed.
- Transport Vehicle Permits: Trucks utilized by a disposal plant or collection service for the purpose of transporting dead animals and/or restaurant grease must have a vehicle permit from the Board of Animal Health.
- Exotic Animal Feeding Permit: Owners of exotic animals who transport dead domestic animals for feeding to their exotic animals must have a permit from the Board of Animal Health.
For more information consult the Dead Animal Disposal Act (IC 15-2.1-16), and the dead animal disposal rule 345 IAC.
To download an application for a disposal plant or collection service license click here.
For more information about Board of Animal Health licenses contact the licensing division:
- Call Board of Animal Health licensing at 317/544-2390 during the BOAH's normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
- Write the Board of Animal Health, attention Licensing, 1202 E. 38th Street, Discovery Hall, Suite 100; Indianapolis, IN 46205-2898.
- E-mail the Board of Animal Health, attention Licensing