- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana State Board of Animal Health

BOAH > Licensing & Compliance > Licenses & Permits > Renderers/Transportation Permits Renderers/Transportation Permits

Dead Animal Disposal Licenses

The Board of Animal Health issues the following licenses concerning the disposal of dead animals:

  1. Disposal Plant License: Before a disposal plant operates in Indiana, a disposal plant license is required. Rendering plants require a disposal plant license.
  2. Collection Service License: Any person operating a service to collect dead animals and/or restaurant grease in Indiana must be licensed.
  3. Transport Vehicle Permits: Trucks utilized by a disposal plant or collection service for the purpose of transporting dead animals and/or restaurant grease must have a vehicle permit from the Board of Animal Health.
  4. Exotic Animal Feeding Permit: Owners of exotic animals who transport dead domestic animals for feeding to their exotic animals must have a permit from the Board of Animal Health.

For more information consult the Dead Animal Disposal Act (IC 15-2.1-16), and the dead animal disposal rule 345 IAC.

To download an application for a disposal plant or collection service license click here.

For more information about Board of Animal Health licenses contact the licensing division:

  1. Call Board of Animal Health licensing at 317/544-2390 during the BOAH's normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
  2. Write the Board of Animal Health, attention Licensing, 1202 E. 38th Street, Discovery Hall, Suite 100; Indianapolis, IN 46205-2898.
  3. E-mail the Board of Animal Health, attention Licensing