Required Supporting Documentation
Documentation must be included to support your personal statement/appeal letter. Supporting documentation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Prior year Indiana income tax returns (used to establish Indiana residency)
- Hospital or doctor records; physician's statement
o Used to verify illness or injury which incapacitated student or immediate family member
o Must list date(s) of medical issue(s) and include explanation of how issue(s) impact student's ability to meet the credit completion requirements or the relevant FAFSA deadline
- Letters of confirmation from independent third-party or other qualified individual(s)
o Could include, but is not limited to, an academic advisor, clergy, college faculty or administrator or social worker
- Military records such as a DD214 or DD2058
- A funeral program or obituary record showing the relationship between the student and the deceased
- Death certificates
- College transcripts
Provision of one or more of these supporting documents does not guarantee appeal approval. The provided documentation must be relevant to the issue being appealed.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to privacy laws, the appeal committee is unable to contact a hospital or doctor to request verification of your illness or injury. Any supporting documentation must be provided directly by the student or provided by the doctor at the student's request.