Soldiers and Sailors Childrens Home
The Commission offers a supplement to other state grants by guaranteeing 100% of tuition and regularly assessed fees for students who are former students and/or graduates of Morton Memorial High School and former residents of the Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Children's Home (ISSCH).
The supplemental grant is limited to a maximum of 124 credit hours. There is no time limit to use the allotted 124 credit hours. This benefit may be used as the undergraduate, graduate and professional degree level. Tuition and regularly assessed fees for all students will be paid at the undergraduate rate charged by the institution.
In addition, remission for the cost of course-related books is available, up to $600 per term. After exhausting the 124 credit hours of tuition and fee remission, students may continue to receive remission of course-related book costs.
- Must be a former student and/or graduate of Morton Memorial High School
- Must have been admitted to the ISSCH because the person was related to a member of the armed forces of the United States
- Must be eligible to pay the resident tuition rate at the Eligible Indiana Institution the student will attend
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as determined by the institution to remain eligible
- Must not in default or overpayment of a student loan or grant to remain eligible
- Must file the FAFSA annually
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a complete and corrected FAFSA prior to application (please allow 5-7 business days for processing)
- Submit the Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Children's Home Application and all necessary documentation to the Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs office (see below) at least 30 days before the start of the semester. Please view the Application Filing Deadlines for more information about the application and submission deadline.
After receipt of the application, the Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs will return an approved application to the student. If the application is not approved, the student will be notified in writing. Reapplication is necessary whenever a student changes the school he or she is attending or the student stops attending school for two or more consecutive semesters (excluding summer). Please direct all questions to the IDVA at:
Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs
302 W. Washington Street, Rm. E-120
Indianapolis, IN 46204