Workforce Ready Grant
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
Over 2 million Hoosier adults need additional skills to compete in the 21st Century Workforce. To help more Hoosiers gain these skills, Indiana has created a new financial aid opportunity for working-age adults: the Workforce Ready Grant.
The Workforce Ready Grant pays the tuition and mandatory fees for working-age Hoosiers to earn a high-value certificate at Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University. The grant is available for two (2) years and covers up to the number of credits required by the qualifying program. The grant does not cover courses that do not directly apply to the student’s certificate program. Program-specific fees and equipment are not covered.
QUALIFYING HIGH-VALUE PROGRAMS
The high-value certificate programs are offered in five sectors aligned with Indiana’s economy: Advanced Manufacturing, Building & Construction, Health Sciences, Information Technology & Business Technology, and Transportation & Logistics. The qualifying programs were selected based on employer demand, wages, job placements and program completion rate.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (credit-bearing programs)
To qualify for the grant, students must:
- Begin enrollment during fall semester 2017 or later in a qualifying program at Ivy Tech or Vincennes;
- To enroll in a qualifying program, the Next LevelJobs Portal to connect with an Ivy Tech or Vincennes representative, or contact your local Ivy Tech or Vincennes campus directly
- Be an Indiana resident;
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Have graduated high school or received a high school equivalency diploma/GED;
- Complete the FAFSA and be determined financially independent;
- Not have previously received a bachelor’s or an associate degree;
- Enroll at least as a half-time student for federal financial aid (typically two courses);
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress;
- Meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
HOW TO APPLY