Thanks to all the schools and students for making the winning play by entering the College GO! Week contest or sending in a grant application for your school or program.
Indianapolis COLTS College Completion Challenge
Visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Colts for entry details.
K-12 Student Contest
The College GO! Week contest required students at each grade level to complete an age-appropriate college planning activity. Younger students described necessary tools for their dream careers, while high school students researched college majors and wrote essays on the courses needed to succeed in chosen careers. The 529 plans can be used for tuition, books and other college-related expenses.
- Kindergarten: Jasper Bouseman from St. John the Baptist Catholic School (Whiting)
- First Grade: Brock Rayhill from Loogootee Elementary West (Loogootee Community School Corporation)
- Second Grade: Lauren Fiester from John H. Castle Elementary (Warrick County School Corporation)
- Third Grade: Meghan Spinazze from Sycamore Elementary (Kokomo School Corporation)
- Fourth Grade: Kaylee Prewitt from Clarks Creek Elementary (Plainfield Community School Corporation)
- Fifth Grade: Zachary Simms from North Harrison Elementary (North Harrison Community Schools)
- Sixth Grade: Mallory Motz from South Terrace Elementary (North Posey County Schools)
- Seventh Grade: Jasmine Martin from Frankie McCullough Girls Academy (Gary Community School Corporation)
- Eighth Grade: Diego Rincon from Central Middle School (Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation)
- Ninth Grade: Madyson Stricker from Columbia City High School (White County Consolidated Schools)
- Tenth Grade: Kayleigh Shearer from Southwood Jr-Sr High School (Metropolitan School District of Wabash County)
- Eleventh Grade: Amanda Greenwood from Highland High School (School Town of Highland)
- Twelfth Grade: Kathryn Hammel from Boonville High School (Warrick County School Corporation)
College Success Grant
Congratulations to the 2013 College Success Grant winners who demonstrated excellent and age-appropriate College GO! Week activities during the 2013 campaign. Each school received $1,000 towards future college and career success programming:
- Creekside Elementary School (Franklin Community School Corporation)
- Bon Air Middle School (Kokomo School Corporation)
- Tell City Jr-Sr High School (Tell City-Troy Township School Corporation)