College Planning Checklist: Grade 10
- Read LEARN MORE, our magazine about college and careers. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Print.
- Sign up to take the PSAT to prepare for the SAT (required for admission to many colleges). The PSAT is free for sophomores in Indiana, so there’s no reason not to give it a shot.
- Review and update your high school Graduation Plan with your school counselor or access it online on your Indiana Career Explorer account under “My Portfolio.” It’s not too late to include Advanced Placement (AP) or dual-credit classes.
- Continue participating in extracurricular activities. They will make your college application stronger, plus you’ll learn more about yourself and expand your skills.
- Commit to saving a certain percentage of all gift money or earned money from a job. An Indiana CollegeChoice 529 College Savings Plan is a great, tax-free way to save for college. Sign up at LearnMoreIndiana.org/529.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.