- Read LEARN MORE, Learn More Indiana’s student success publication, with your parents and complete the activities. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/print to download an online version.
- Read more! Reading for fun will help you do well on Indiana’s IREAD assessment in third grade, and it will help you succeed in future grades.
- Talk about what college is like. Your parents or teachers can help you learn about colleges near your home and what you can study there. Or maybe they’ll talk to you about the colleges they attended.
- Learn about punctuality and attendance. It’s important to be on time and ready to learn at school now, and it will help you later when you have a job and other responsibilities.
- Contribute to an Indiana CollegeChoice 529 College Savings Plan (or another savings account for college). Learn more about the tax benefits of a 529 Plan at LearnMoreIndiana.org/529.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.