College Planning Checklist: Grades K-5
- Read LEARN MORE, our magazine about college and careers, with your parents. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/print.
- Read more! For elementary school students, being read to (and eventually reading yourself) sets the stage for everything that happens in future grades.
- Talk about what college will be like. Maybe you can visit a college campus near your house, or ask your teacher or adult friends what college was like.
- Learn about careers of all types. Talk about, read about or draw many different careers. And don't forget to learn about the type of college each career requires.
- Open an Indiana CollegeChoice 529 College Savings Plan (or another savings account for college). Learn more about the tax benefits of a 529 Plan at LearnMoreIndiana.org/529.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.