Fire Service Safety & Risk Management
Indiana Fire Incident Reporting
Fire Service Safety and Risk Management
Indiana fire departments are required by law to report all fire incidents to the Office of the State Fire Marshal on a monthly basis. The required form is the NFIRS Incident Form. In January 2000, Indiana converted to the new 5.0 standard. Paper documents are no longer accepted.
FIRE CHIEFS: Please download this form and return it to the Indiana State Fire Marshal when complete. If you have already completed this form after August 28, 2014, please disregard unless there are changes to the information previously provided.
- Carfentanil Safety Fact Sheet
- USFA National Fire Data Center
- National Fire Information Council
- IDHS Consolidated Training Calendar
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) Information Page
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program Information
- Resources / Links
- Indiana Fire Service Statistics