For an Existing Project
To check the status of an existing project - Click Here
To file an Addendum to an existing project
File On-Line - Click Here - NOTE - This is the PREFERRED Filing Method
For a New Project
What Are the Steps in the Process?
Step 1 - The Application - I Want To...
- File a project Electronically - Click Here - NOTE: This is the PREFERRED Filing Method
- Application for Storage Facilities for Flammable and Combustible Liquids and Gases
Complete this form and be sure you include all of the information requested in:
- Firm or Owner Information (Certificate)
- Installation Location
- Submitted By (Provide e-mail address using comments section on page 2.) (Also - for Underground Storage Tanks only - be sure to include installer's certification number.)
- Installation Information (Be sure to include number of tanks with their Underwriter Laboratory listing and number of dispensers.)
Step 2 - The Fees
The fees are based upon the number of tanks plus the one-time project processing fee. For Example:
*$240.00 (3) Tanks ( 80.00 per tank)
*$ 75.00 Filing Fee (per project)
*Local Inspection Fee may apply – In areas that do not have a local inspection program
What is a Local Inspection Fee?
- A Local Inspection Fee is due when a local inspection program is not available in the area you are providing your service. A State Inspector would be sent to provide this service. In this case, no other permit would be required.”
- To view Local Inspection Fee Requirements, CLICK HERE
- Note: If required, the local inspection fee will be $200.00.
Step 3 - The Plans
Provide a “Site” Plan, showing:
A. Dimensioned location of all tanks to all property lines, buildings, and other tanks.
B. Dimensioned location of pumps, dispensers, and all other related equipment to all property lines and buildings.
C. Location, type and sizing of all piping, valves
D. Sections Showing:
The depth below ground, type of covering over the tanks, such as earth, concrete or asphalt including thicknesses,
supports, saddles, straps and other related material used to secure, anchor or support the tanks.
For ASTs, diking is required unless the tank is an approved, listed double-walled tank.
Would you like to Expedite your project?
- Note: The fee to expedite is $5,000.00 in addition to the required standard fees indicated in 2, above.
- File your project on-line and after a successful submission send an e-mail to Bonnie Robison or Dave Moses at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your project be expedited. The e-mail should include the project number assigned to your filing.
- Paper filing – mailed in or walk in - you should contact the plan review branch prior to submitting and request an expedited plan review. You will need provide us the project scope of work or work description to help us determine if the proposed work can be expedited.
Filing Requirements for Aboveground/Underground Storage Tanks (AST/USTs)
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRESENTATION
For general questions call 317-232-6422