State Fire Marshal Smoke Alarm Program
Welcome to the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Smoke Alarm Program. This program would not be possible without the State Farm Insurance grant program.
The following is the information on what is being provided, when and how to apply, restrictions and recommendations for the use of this program.
This is an installation program. Smoke alarms provided through this program must be installed by members of your agency in each household.
Who can apply: Small fire departments or volunteer fire departments that have limited business partnerships or are limited to no funding to place towards the purchase of smoke alarms for their community.
Application Period: The application period for this grant will be on going until the alarms are gone.
The Product: Kidde Photoelectric with 10 year batteries.
How to apply: A representative from your department must fill out an application.
Restrictions: The grant that you have requested has the following restrictions placed on it:
- Must be an installation program. The smoke alarms must be installed by members of your agency or by members of your organization’s partnerships (i.e. Boy Scouts, church organizations, Kiwanis, Elks, Optimist, etc.) in each household.
- This program will provide only one (1) smoke alarm per household.
- If more than one smoke alarm is needed for the household, it is the responsibility of your organization to educate the family about purchasing another one.
- There will be a limit of 10 smoke alarms per application
- Since this program would not be possible without the help of State Farm, when doing a smoke alarm blitz you must invite your local State Farm representative. They may not attend but you must ask.
(Note: Save the completed form to your computer or print out and scan to submit as an attachment. Email details on the form.)
- The application can be found at the link above and filled out by a representative of the requesting department.
- Completed applications must be sent via e-mail or mailed to the IDHS Division of Fire and Building Safety.
- Applications will be reviewed by the IDHS Division of Fire and Building Safety in a timely fashion.
- It will be your responsibility to pick up the alarms at a designated date and time.
- Requesting representative will document the receiving of order and the distribution of smoke alarms.
Please mail or e-mail your application and questions to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
302 W Washington St
IGCS, Rm E241
Indianapolis, IN 46204