Secured School Safety Grant Program
The Indiana Secured School Grant Fund was created in 2013 to make Hoosier schools safer. The program is a dedicated state grant fund that provides matching grants to school corporations, accredited non-public schools, charter schools or a coalition of school corporations and/or charter schools applying jointly to:
- Employ a school resource officer (salary, benefits and basic 40 hour training course)
- Conduct a threat assessment
- Purchase equipment to restrict access to the school or expedite the notification of first responders.
School corporations, charter schools or coalitions with an average daily membership of at least 1,000 can apply for grants up to $50,000 per year. Schools with less than 1,000 can apply for grants of up to $35,000 per year.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) administers the grant program. All applications will be processed through the Indiana Grants Management System (iGMS).
Please review the following documents for further information about the grant:
- FY2018 Secured School Safety Grant Program Notice of Funding Opportunity
- FY2018 SSSG Intent to Apply Document
- Requesting Grant Funds in iGMS Guide
- Secured School Safety Webinar: March 28, 2014 - Webinar VIDEO - PDF
- Secured School Safety Grant Program Presentation
- Funding Maps: FY 2014 - FY 2015 - All FY Funding
- Fire Code Compliance Memo
Eligible applicants include any Indiana school corporation, accredited non-public school, charter school or a coalition of school corporations and/or charter schools located in a county that has a County School Safety Commission. See above guidance documents for further program requirements.
- FY18 Applications Due: August 9, 2017
- FY18 time frame: October 1, 2017 - September 30, 2018
- FY17 time frame: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- FY16 time frame: July 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016
FY15 Grant Writing and Technical Assistance Seminar
Questions and Contacts
Grants Management Section Chief