Market Segmentation Analysis LSA #17-173
Subject Matter: Adds 50 IAC 30 to establish procedures for conducting a market segmentation analysis for the assessment of real property improvements.
Notice of Intent to Adopt a Rule
Notice of Public Hearing
Small Business Impact Statement
Comments from the Small Business Ombudsman
Comments may be sent to the following address:
Indiana Department of Local Government Finance
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave, Room N 1058B
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Comments may also be sent by e-mail to David Marusarz, deputy general counsel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The agency will welcome comments from the public concerning this rule until prior to the adoption of this rule by the DLGF. The DLGF will specify at a later date the date and time for when written comments are due.
Timetable for action:
- The Notice of Intent to Adopt the Rule was published in the Indiana Register on March 29, 2017.
- The Proposed Rule and Notice of Public Hearing will then be published in the Indiana Register pending approval of the Proposed Rule by the State Budget Agency and at least 28 days after publication of the Notice of Intent. Hence, these documents are expected to be published on or after April 26, 2017.
- The Notice of Public Hearing will also be published in the Indianapolis Star.
- Subsequently, a public hearing will be held with public comments. The public hearing will be scheduled to be at least 21 days after publication of the Proposed Rule and Notice of Public Hearing.
- After written comments have been received and considered, the DLGF will hold a hearing to adopt the final rule.
- The DLGF will then prepare an official packet to submit to the Attorney General’s Office for review. The Attorney General’s Office has 45 days to review.
- After approval by the Attorney General’s Office, the rule will then be forwarded to the Governor’s Office for approval. The Governor has up to 30 days after receipt to review.
- The rule is expected to become effective January 1, 2018.
- This timeline may change during the rulemaking process and will be updated as needed.