Agency/Property Tax Rules
Market Segmentation Analysis LSA #17-173
Subject Matter: Adds 50 IAC 30 to establish procedures for conducting a market segmentation analysis for the assessment of real property improvements.
Comments may be sent to the following address:
Indiana Department of Local Government Finance
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave, Room N 1058B
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Comments may also be sent by e-mail to David Marusarz, deputy general counsel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The agency will welcome comments from the public concerning this rule until prior to the adoption of this rule by the DLGF. Written comments are to be submitted to the DLGF by August 11, 2017.
Timetable for action:
- The Notice of Intent to Adopt the Rule was published in the Indiana Register on March 29, 2017.
- The Proposed Rule and Notice of Public Hearing was published in the Indiana Register on June 14, 2017.
- The Notice of Public Hearing was published in the Indianapolis Star on June 14, 2017.
- Subsequently, a public hearing will be held with public comments. The public hearing will be held on July 24, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Conference Room C of the Indiana Government Center South, 302 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204.
- After written comments have been received and considered, the DLGF will hold a hearing to adopt the final rule.
- The DLGF will then prepare an official packet to submit to the Attorney General’s Office for review. The Attorney General’s Office has 45 days to review.
- After approval by the Attorney General’s Office, the rule will then be forwarded to the Governor’s Office for approval. The Governor has up to 30 days after receipt to review.
- The rule is expected to become effective January 1, 2018.
- This timeline may change during the rulemaking process and will be updated as needed.