DLGF Website Navigation Links
Indiana and Administrative Code
Click HERE to view all Department Administrative Code
- HEA 1072 Homestead Deduction Proof - July 7, 2012
- Solar Power Device Deduction - April 4, 2012
- Deduction for Residence in Inventory - June 2, 2011
- Eligibility for the Wind Power Device Deduction - May 20, 2011
- Homestead Standard Deduction, HEA 1004-2011 - May 11, 2011
- Deduction for Geothermal Energy Heating or Cooling Device - June 15, 2010
- Deduction for Solar Energy Heating or Cooling Device - June 15, 2010
- Mortgage Deduction, SEA 223-2010 - April 16, 2010
- Disabled Veterans Deductions - September 23, 2009
- Mortgage Deduction from Assessed Valuation - July 8, 2009
- Homestead Standard Deduction from Assessed Valuation - July 8, 2009
Reference Graphics and Slides
- 2012 and 2017 General Reassessment Funds
- This PowerPoint presentation outlines what the Reassessment Fund is, the differences between the two Reassessment Funds that will be in place for 2011, the uses of the Reassessment Fund and how the Reassessment Fund is established and maintained.
- This PowerPoint presentation covers the personal property abatement process.
- Assessment to Tax Billing: Start to Finish
- The Assessment to Property Tax Billing system works similar to a relay race. Each individual in the race is responsible for a leg, and if one falls behind in the race to the finish, those who follow must work harder to catch up to win the race. In the same way, local and state officials must work together, passing the baton from one office to the other to achieve timely billing. When there are delays at any point in the process, the subsequent responsibilities must be completed in a shortened time frame to maintain on-time billing.
- Assessment to Budget Process
- This graphic shows the detailed flow of responsibilities and the statutory citations associated with each step in the process.
- Civil Taxing Unit Budget Approval Flowchart
- This flowchart details the step-by-step process from certification of the net assessed values by the county auditor to the due date for the first installment of property taxes. Deadlines and statutory citations associated with each step are included.
- Budget 101
- This PowerPoint presentation covers the basics surrounding municipal finance, including definitions, deadlines and structure of local budgets. It also shows samples of the budget forms used and explains the Department role in the budget review and certification process.
Indiana County Auditors' Association
The Indiana County Auditors' Association is an affiliate group of the Association of Indiana Counties (http://www.indianacounties.org/). While the Department works in partnership with the Auditors' Association, the Association is a separate entity, governed by its own by-laws.