The Gateway Budgets application is used by over 2400 local units of governments to complete and submit itemized budgets, estimates of miscellaneous revenue, current year financial information, and proposed tax rates and levies to the Department for review and certification.
Local Officials Log-In: https://gateway.ifionline.org/login.aspx
Taxpayer Log-In: https://gateway.ifionline.org/
2015 Gateway Budgets Application Launched
On May 15, the Department launched the 2015 version of the Gateway Budgets application. Local officials may begin to use Gateway to complete line-item budget estimates for their units of government. Local officials should find that navigating the 2015 version of the Gateway Budgets application is very similar to navigating the prior versions. However, a number of improvements have been made to make using Gateway easier and less time-consuming.
Changes currently available include:
- Most funds, departments, fund-department connections, fund-revenue connections, and fund-debt connections have been carried over from 2014 to 2015. Fund-department connections without Form 1 line items entered last year and debt that has been marked as retired were not carried over.
- Most line items entered on Form 1 have been carried over from 2014 to 2015. Exceptions include line items related to capital outlays, as they are typically one time expenditures.
- Ability to copy all line item amounts in Form 1 from the published column to the adopted column with a single mouse click.
- Ability to copy all amounts for all funds in Form 4B from the published column to the adopted column with a single mouse click.
- Ability to copy all data from Form 1 to Form 4A for all fund-department combinations with a single mouse click; other pull by selected fund and department tools have been removed.
- County Council Review Worksheet now displays the due date and submission status on the Unit Main Menu.
- A link to the Budget Flow Chart has been added at the top of the Budget Form Menu. This will help officials understand the flow of data through the forms and the order to complete them.
- Timely submission of Form 3 is required to comply with new online advertising requirements. Form 3 will need to be submitted through Gateway at least 10 days before the public hearing and no later than September 13. In addition, Form 3 now asks units to indicate whether their territorial boundaries have changed within the last year.
- Expanded Error Prevention Report checks and improved printing functionality.
- Form 4 requires that non-zero budget, levy, or tax rates are entered before printing.
- Form 4 requires that at least two names for signatures be entered before printing.
- 1782 Notice Recipients form gives users the option to provide a phone number in addition to an email address.
- Form 3 may be uploaded at budget workshops by Budget Field Representatives.
- Form 3 contains updated language to indicate that budget notices may be reviewed online at http://www.budgetnotices.in.gov/ and requested through a Department phone number. The http://www.budgetnotices.in.gov/ portal will be available within the next few weeks.
BudgetNotices.In.Gov Media Toolkit
Other Training Materials
2014 Pay 2015 CNAV Application Launched - June 24, 2014
2014 TIF Management Application Launched - June 16, 2014
TIF Data Collection for Department Report - June 5, 2014
2015 Gateway Budgets Upload Specifications - May 23, 2014
Gateway Debt Management - January 9, 2014
2014 Data Submission Calendar - January 9, 2014
Reporting Requirement for Solid Waste Management Districts - January 3, 2014
Have questions concerning the Gateway application?
- Reference one of the Gateway user guides posted above. These guides include step-by-step instructions that can help you complete most tasks in the application.
- Send an email to email@example.com. Multiple DLGF employees monitor this email address and can answer your questions concerning the technical aspects of the Gateway applications. Please remember to include in your email your name, your title, the name of your unit, and the county in which your unit is located.
- If you believe your question is easier to answer over the phone, feel free to call the Department at 317-232-3777 or toll-free at 888-739-9826.