Historical Archaeology Bibliography
Barber, Russell J.
- 1994 Doing Historical Archaeology: Exercises Using Documentary, Oral, and Material Evidence. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
Beaudry, Mary C. (Editor)
- 1988 Documentary Archaeology in the New World. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- 1977 In Small Things Forgotten: The Archaeology of Early American Life. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
Falk, Lisa Z. (Editor)
- 1991 Historical Archaeology in Global Perspective. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C.
Ferguson, Leland (Editor)
- 1977 Historical Archaeology and the Importance of Material Things. Society of Historical Archaeology, California, Pennsylvania.
Gorman, Frederick J.E.
- 1982 Archaeological Implications of a Manufacturing Industry in Eighteenth-Century American Cities. Archaeology of Urban America: The Search for Pattern and Process. Edited by Roy S. Dickens, pp.63-104. Academic Press, New York, NY.
Gould, Richard A., and Michael B. Schiffer (Editors)
- 1981 Modern Material Culture: The Archaeology of Us. Academic Press, New York.
- 1987 Bricks and Brick Making: A Handbook for Historical Archaeology. The University of Idaho Press, Moscow.
Hardesty, Donald C.
- 1988 The Archaeology of Mining and Miners: A View from the Silver State. Society of Historical Archaeology, Tucson, Arizona.
Kelso, William M. (Editor)
- 1990 Earth Patterns: Archaeology of Early American and Ancient Gardens and Landscapes. University Press of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Leone, Mark P., and Parker B. Potter (Editors)
- 1988 The Recovery of Meaning: Historical Archaeology in the Eastern United States. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C.
Lewis, Kenneth E.
- 1984 The American Frontier: An Archaeological Study of Settlement Pattern and Process. Academic Press, New York.
McGuire, Randall H., and Robert Paynter (Editors)
- 1991 The Archaeology of Inequality. Basil Blackwell, Oxford.
Noel Hume, Ivor
- 1968 Historical Archaeology. Norton, New York.
Orser, Charles E., Jr., and Brian M. Fagan
- 1995 Historical Archaeology. Harper Collins College Publishers, New York.
Schuyler, Robert L. (Editor)
- 1978 Historical Archaeology: A Guide to Substantive and Theoretical Contributions. Baywood Press, Farmingdale, New York.
- 1980 Archaeological Perspectives on Ethnicity in America: Afro-American and Asian American Culture History. Baywood Press, Farmingdale, New Jersey.
- 1977 Method and Theory in Historical Archaeology. Academic Press, New York.
South, Stanley (Editor)
- 1977 Research Strategies in Historical Archaeology. Academic Press, New York.
Spencer-Wood, Suzanne M. (Editor)
- 1987 Consumer Choice in Historical Archaeology. Plenum Press, New York.
Staski, Edward (Editor)
- 1987 Living in Cities: Current Research in Urban Archaeology. Special Publication Series, No. 5, Society for Historical Archaeology.
For further information, contact: Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.