Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
4200 N. U.S. 35
Winamac, IN 46996
Tippecanoe River Events
Attention canoers! Get ready for a relaxing journey as you float down the beautiful Tippecanoe River. You must bring your own canoe or make arrangements with the local canoe livery. When you return, you can enjoy the beautiful campground facilities with your group, family or friends.
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
1. MODERATE (2.5 miles)—Begins near fire tower parking area or waterfowl parking lot, leads to fire tower, traverses sand hills and marsh area.
2. EASY (3.5 miles)—Begins about .5 mile north on TR2 road. Horses may start from near fire tower road on TR1 road. Leads through oak forest and some open fields. Rises on sand hills.
3. EASY (1.3 miles)—Begins on TR2 north of campground entrance, north to railroad, then returns to park road. Leads through oak forest, pine plantation and open fields. Connects with Trail 2.
4. MODERATE (1.9 miles)—Begins in main picnic area and leads along Oxbow Lagoon, through low river bottoms, along the river and back up into the pines and fields, then back to the campground and to the picnic area.
5. MODERATE (3.5 miles)—Begins north of campground. Covers prairies, river bluffs and oak woods. May be hiked from canoe camp, north of trails 3 and 4 or from group camp or Rent-A-Camp area.
6. MODERATE (2.6 miles)—Begins north of horse camp, crosses main road along marsh up into sand hills. Leads through oak forest and open fields then returns to horse camp.
7. MODERATE (3.2 miles)—Enter from gate, park office or Trail 9. Covers flat woodlands, open fields and pines.
8. MODERATE (1.4 miles)—Begins at Tepicon parking lot and covers Sand Hill Nature Preserve: Prairie grasses and oak woods predominate.
9. MODERATE (1.9 miles)—Begins on west edge of horse camp. Circles west through oak woods and sand hills. Connects to Trail 7.
10. MODERATE (.8 mile)—East of horse camp and day-use area. Circles prairie and sand blow-outs.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.