Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
2355 E. 75 S.
Albion, IN 46701
Chain O' Lakes Events
This is lake country and a small boater's paradise. Nine connecting lakes will be the center of your adventures at Chain O'Lakes. Paddle through the chain of serene kettle lakes, hike the 10 miles of forested trails, fish the electric-motors-only lakes, stay overnight in a forested hillside family cabin, or visit the park's old one-room schoolhouse nature center. Other facilities available for visitors to enjoy include a campground, beach and picnic shelters.
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
1. MODERATE (1.5 miles)—Begins north of campground, follows a ridge through the woods before dropping down in a valley, crosses two channels as it circles around the north side of Dock Lake, and returns to the campground.
2. MODERATE (1 mile)—Begins at the parking lot on the north shore of Bowen Lake, follows the lake shore through the woods and returns to the parking lot.
3. EASY (.5 mile)—Links the campground with the beach.
4. MODERATE (1 mile)— Takes you past four lakes, wooded areas, swamps and open fields.
5. EASY (1.3 miles)—Follows shore around Sand Lake through willows and open areas.
6. RUGGED (2.5 miles)—Provides access to Long Lake by way of Trail 1 through open field, locust and pine trees. It then follows the southwest shore of Long Lake through creek bottoms and woods.
7. EASY (1.8 miles)—Begins at Sand Lake fishing pier, follows along the channel to Bowen Lake, then turns west to connect with Weber Lake and returns along the channel to Sand Lake. It winds through lowlands, along two different channels, and through an upland forest.
8. MODERATE (.5 mile)—A self-guiding nature trail. It begins at the interpretive center, circles Finster Lake and crosses a glacial kame, and returns to the interpretive center.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.