RATES & FEES
ENTRANCE | CAMPING | BOATING | HORSE | MISC. | HUNTING & FISHING
CAMPING| INNS | CABINS | SHELTERS | PINE HILLS GROUP CAMPS
There are no longer daily or annual boat launch fees for lakes at state parks, state-managed lakes and state forests. These launch fees have been replaced by a DNR Lake Permit. Read about the change.
All private watercraft using a state park lake, state-managed lake or state forest lake must have this permit. This includes personal watercraft, motorboats, canoes, paddleboats, rowboats and all watercraft moored at marinas, private docks, group docks or bank ties.
This permit should be placed on any boat that will be on the water at Indiana state parks, state-managed lakes or state forests.
- Parks and Lakes: Includes the main bodies of water and all fishing ponds/lakes at Patoka Lake, Brookville Lake, Hardy Lake, Monroe Lake, Salamonie Lake, Lieber (Cagles Mill Lake), Mississinewa Lake, Worster Lake at Potato Creek State Park, Kunkel Lake at Ouabache State Park, Raccoon Lake (Cecil M. Harden), Summit Lake at Summit Lake State Park, Versailles Lake at Versailles State Park, Ogle and Strahl lakes at Brown County State Park, lakes Shakamak, Lenape and Kickapoo at Shakamak State Park, all lakes at Chain O’Lakes State Park, Spring Mill Lake at Spring Mill State Park, Whitewater Lake at Whitewater State Park, and Lake Lincoln and Weber Lake at Lincoln State Park.
- State Forest Properties:All, including Deam Lake, Ferdinand, Starve Hollow, Harrison-Crawford, Clark, Greene-Sullivan, Jackson-Washington, Martin, Morgan-Monroe, Owen-Putnam, Pike and Yellowwood.
Permits can be purchased through DNR's online Mother Nature's Mercantile. They are available at the property offices and entrance gates (when staffed) at state parks, reservoirs and forests; and at the DNR Customer Service Center in the Indiana Government Center in downtown Indianapolis.
- $25 annual Lake Permit required for all privately owned motorized boats and seaplanes using or mooring at state parks, state-managed lakes and state forests, good for one calendar year.
- $5 annual Lake Permit required for all privately owned, non-motorized boats using or moored at state parks, state-managed lakes and state forests.
Annual Boat Permit
- $60 per post - Regular
- $90 per post - Improved (seawall or other improvement)
Boat Rental Fees
Prices listed below are state rental prices. Rentals are subject to sales tax. Prices may vary where boats are rented by private concessionaires. Deposits are required on boats, canoes, life jackets and bicycles except where hunting or fishing license, driver's license or Annual Entrance Permit may be held in lieu of deposit.
- Rowboats and canoes $5 per hour, $20 per day
- Kayaks $8 per hour, $20 per day
- Paddleboats $8 per hour