State Parks Photo Contest
2016 Fall Colors
Celebrate Hoosier fall colors and show off your photography skills by participating in Indiana State Parks’ fall color photo contest on social media.
Participants will help Hoosiers celebrate this year’s centennial of Indiana State Parks and make plans for fall scenery trips. And the contest offers the chance to win various prizes.
Prizes to be awarded include 100 one-day state park passes for the 100 participants who get the most votes and a $100 State Park Inns gift card for the participant who gets the most votes. The next 10 highest vote-getters will win their choice of a 2017 state parks annual entrance pass, annual lake permit, horse permit or off-road cycling permit. Twenty random drawings will also be held among all entries for a souvenir centennial pin.
Here’s how to participate
- Follow Indiana State Parks on Facebook or follow and tag @indianadnr on Instagram and post photos in either of those locations.
- Tag photos with #SPFallColor2016 and include the location and date to help contest organizers track the photos. Photos must be taken between Oct. 15-30, 2016, at an Indiana State Park or Reservoir (see list).
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- Photos should be natural photos of great fall color in Indiana state parks and reservoirs. Participants should not use filters that enhance or alter colors.
- Photos will be placed in albums on Facebook for voting between Nov. 5-15. Winners will be based on the number of likes in the albums, and there are no limits on the number of images a person can vote for.
- The DNR may use photos entered in the contest in social media or in other locations in the future.