The following may include road construction advisories, blue-green algae alerts, park and trail closures, and other notices. Check with the property office for the latest updates.
Blue-green algae is found in our lakes year-round. Under certain conditions, cells can reproduce in large numbers, and can result in a harmful algal bloom (HAB). We test many of our beaches where people use the water in the summer, but HABs may occur in other seasons, too. Watch for algae accumulation, avoid drinking or cooking with lake water, and do not allow children or pets to swim where algae accumulation is present. For more information, visit algae.IN.gov or the DNR's web page on blue-green algae.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR HORSE CAMPERS: Be aware that on Saturday, Oct. 10, off-road cyclists participating in the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association’s annual fundraising event “Epic Ride” will be traveling on the northernmost section of “C” horse trail. Between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. that day, bikers will use this portion of “C” trail to access “D” trail and trails in Yellowwood State Forest. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but please keep this event in mind when planning your ride that day.
Cagles Mill Lake (Lieber SRA)
Cecil M. Harden Lake (Raccoon SRA)
Chain O' Lakes
- SOUTH ENTRANCE TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE: Due to a recent slide on the south hill of the property, the road from the south gate to Clifty Inn will close from Oct. 12 through at least Nov. 12, 2015. During this closure, the best entrance to the park is through the north gate off State Route 62. The GPS mapping address to the north gate entrance is 2221 Clifty Drive, Madison, IN 47250. Also, be aware the 15 mph speed limit is strictly enforced on Canyon Rim Road from the north gate to the campground. If you have specific questions about the detour or closure, contact the park office at 812-273-8885.
Falls of the Ohio
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY FOR WEEKENDS: The line of traffic to get into the park on the weekends can be extremely long, and stretch for several miles. If you are arriving or returning on a Saturday or Sunday, the best time is before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m. Central time. If you arrive before check-in time, plan to explore the dunes, beach, nature center or other day-use facilities because you will not be able to get onto your campsite until the appropriate check-in time. Thank you for your patience.
- Mount Baldy: Park not affected by the closure. Park remains open.
J.E. Roush Lake
- JUNE 15, 2015: The campground is closed until further because of flooding. The campground entrance road is under water. Boat ramps are closed. The shooting range at Roush is closed due to having water over the roads leading to the range.
- Blue-Green Algae: Found in lakes year round. More information.
- Lincoln Amphitheatre: The amphitheatre is transitioning to new management. No Lincoln drama or other programming is scheduled for 2015.
- Paving: Roads in the campground will be paved after Labor Day. Heavy equipment will produce loud noise. Paving will be finished in a few days. There will be no paving on the weekends.
- ASH TREE REMOVAL: Mounds State Park is in the process of removing ash trees in the campground and throughout the property. The trees have been damaged by emerald ash borer. Once tree removal is completed, campsite descriptions will be updated to reflect any changes in levels of shade or sunlight on each site. Thank you for your patience.
- Stagestop Campground, including the canoe access ramp located at Stagestop, is CLOSED until further notice. Please contact the property with any questions.
- The fire tower is closed for repairs as of April 8, 2015. We will have it re-opened to climbing as soon as we can.
- Parts of Trails 3 and 4 occasionally flood. Use caution when hiking and do not cross flooded areas. Additionally do not walk "off-trail" around flooded areas because there are many wetlands in this area. If you encounter flooding across the trail, turn around and walk back in the same direction you came. For up-to-date information about flooding and trail status, contact the Park Office.
- No advisories at this time.
- No advisories at this time.