How to Use Your Card at Point of Sale Locations
To Make Purchases or Get Cash Back
- Present your card when paying for an item.
- The cashier will ask for your signature or for you to enter your PIN.
- If you swipe your card, follow the prompts on the screen.
- The purchase price will be deducted from your account.
- There are no charges for merchant transactions, and you can request cash back with your purchase.
- Enter the cash amount on the keypad or tell the cashier the amount of cash you need.
Using your debit card at gas stations
You may be required to have your debit card balance verified before making purchases at certain retail establishments such as gas stations. This is the policy of these establishments to ensure purchasers have adequate funds on their debit cards to cover desired purchases. This might prevent you from using the pay-at-the-pump feature at gas stations, but you will still be able to use your card to purchase gasoline at these establishments by simply taking your card to the cashier for verification.