Federal Employees Filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits

If you are a federal government employee filing for unemployment insurance benefits due to the partial federal government shutdown, you must complete the following:

  1. File for benefits using Uplink®, Indiana’s online filing system here.
  2. Complete this form and fax it along with a W-2, a paycheck stub, or SF-50 to 317-233-0232, or 317-233-5499 if you have access to a fax machine. If you do not have access to a fax machine, you may bring these forms to your local WorkOne®. To find your local WorkOne®, visit http://www.in.gov/dwd/WorkOne/locations.html to find the nearest location.
  3. Visit Uplink®, Indiana’s online filing system to file vouchers for benefits each week.

*If you receive retroactive pay from the federal government to compensate you for weeks in which you received unemployment benefits, you may receive a Notice of Overpayment of unemployment benefits and could be required to repay the benefits you received. For more information click here.