Download Child Care Facility Listings
Use the links below to download information on all the current licensed child care centers, licensed child care homes and unlicensed registered child care ministries in the state of Indiana. Facilities are listed in order of county name and data which includes addresses, phone numbers, capacity and the ages of children for which the facility is licensed (where appropriate). Indiana Code 12-17.2-2-1 (9) prohibits the listing of addresses for licensed child care homes on this site and therefore the addresses for licensed child care homes are not included in the downloadable files. However, you can submit a request for additional information on the "Contact Us" page. The files below are updated every Friday morning.
To download the files, do the following:
- Right-click on the link of the file you want below and select "Save Target as..."
- When the "Save As" box comes up, navigate to the folder where you want to save the file and click "Save."
The files are tilde-delimited text files. They may be opened in Excel by doing the following:
- Open Excel
- In Excel, go to File>Open, find the file you just saved and click "Open."
- The "Text Import Wizard" box will open.
- "Delimited" should already be checked for you on Step 1 of the "Text Import Wizard," so all you need to do is click "Next."
- On Step 2 of the Wizard, type a "~" in the "Other:" box and click "Next."
- On Step 3 of the Wizard click "Finish." The text file should then open in Excel for you. You can then save it as an Excel file by going to File > Save As and selecting "Microsoft Excel Workbook" from the "Save as Type" dropdown box.