Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS)

We provide assistance and consultation to individuals regarding the needs and rights of individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and various other laws.

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Indianapolis District Office
101 W. Ohio St., Suite 1900
Indianapolis, IN 46204-4203
Phone: 317-226-7212 or 317-226-5571 (Voice)
Toll Free: 1-800-669-4000 (Voice)
TTY: 317-226-5162
Toll Free TTY: 1-800-669-6820
FAX: 317-226-7953
Investigates complaints of employment discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, race, religion, color, creed or national origin. Also handles equal pay cases. Stringent standards for accepting cases. Has the authority to enforce the ADA of 1990.

Indiana Civil Rights Commission
Government Center North, N103
100 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: 317-232-2600 (Voice)
Toll Free: 1-800-628-2909
TTY User: Call Relay Indiana, 1-800-743-3333
Investigates allegations of discrimination in education, employment, credit, public accommodations and housing. Persons who believe they have been discriminated against based on race or color, sex, religion, national origin or ancestry, disability, or familial status (housing only) may file a complain within 180 days of the alleged act; 1 year allowed for housing complaints.

Indiana Protection and Advocacy (IPAS)
4701 N. Keystone Ave., Suite 222
Indianapolis, IN 46205
Phone: 317-722-5555 (Voice)
Toll Free: 1-800-633-4845 (Voice)
TTY: 317-722-5563
Toll Free TTY: 1-800-838-1131
FAX: 317-722-5564
Protects, promotes and expands the access to and exercise of human and civil rights of individuals with a disability through negotiation, litigation and other remedies.

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Ralph H. Metcalfe Federal Building
77 W. Jackson Blvd., Room 2110
Chicago, IL 60604-3507
Phone: 312-353-7776 (Voice)
Toll Free: 1-800-765-9372 (Voice);
TTY: 312-353-7143
Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability. If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint.

U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
Disability Rights Section
P.O. Box 66738
Washington, D.C. 20035-6738
Phone: 202-307-0063 (Voice/TTY)
FAX: 202-307-1198