Indiana Historical Bureau (map) - IHB@history.IN.gov for general inquiries
140 North Senate Avenue, Room 130
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2296
- The Indiana Historical Bureau is located in Indianapolis in Room 130 of the Indiana State Library and Historical Building, just west of the State House.
- Book Shop hours of operation:
- Monday - Friday - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed state holidays including election days).
Director: Pam Bennett - pbennett@history.IN.gov 317-232-2988
Book Shop: Lindsey Beckley - ihb@history.IN.gov 317-232-2535
Historical Marker Program: Casey Pfeiffer - firstname.lastname@example.org 317-232-2535
Web Site: Jill Weiss - email@example.com 317-232-2535
Employment Opportunities: Coming soon.
Volunteer Opportunities: The Indiana Historical Bureau has volunteer opportunities in research, retail, cataloguing, and more. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Pam Bennett, Director of the Indiana Historical Bureau, at the email or phone number listed above.
The Indiana Historical Bureau provides publications, programs, and other opportunities for Indiana citizens of all ages to learn and teach about the history of their communities, the state of Indiana, and their relationships to the nation and the world. The Indiana Historical Bureau also administers the Indiana Historical Marker Program.
Mission statement adopted June 16, 1995 by the Indiana Library and Historical Board
Indiana Code IC 4-23-7.2: Chapter 7.2. Historical Bureau
Using Indiana Historical Bureau research and images
The products of IHB research are meant for public use, including Indiana State Historical Markers, timelines, and essays. Work found on the IHB web site may be used with attribution, as per the Creative Commons Non-Commercial Attribution license.
- IHB produces most of the content for this site; however, the work of contributing authors is also featured. Contributing authors are always named, whereas IHB research is not attributed to an individual. Contributing authors retain the rights to their works, and as such, this attribution license does not apply. If you would like to use or distribute the work of our contributing authors, such as the essays in Hoosier Voices Now, IHB can put you in contact with the author.
- Reproduction, distribution, or alteration of images of The Fall of Fort Sackville, Anthony Wayne (Greenville Treaty) Flag image, and the state banner images are prohibited without the express consent of the Indiana Historical Bureau.
- Images of the Governors’ Portraits are used courtesy of the Indiana State Museum, which holds the rights. Contact Kara S. Vetter, Registrar, for image use restrictions and reproduction requests.
- In addition, IHB research files are open for public inspection according to state access to public records laws. To view research files during regular business hours, please contact us to arrange an appointment.