Fort Vallonia

Fort Vallonia

Location: SW corner Main Street & SR 135, Vallonia. (Jackson County, Indiana)

Indiana Historical Bureau

ID# : 36.1951.1

Text

Site in town of stockade built in 1812 on old Indian trail for protection of the settlers in this area. Garrisoned by Maj. John Tipton and his militia Rangers in 1813. Marker on the site.

Keywords

Military, Early Settlement and Exploration