Location: Willard Park, 1901 E. Washington Street, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
No Longer Standing
Erected 1993 Indiana Historical Bureau and Ind. School for the Deaf and the Alumni Assn., PTCO of ISD, Ind. Assn. of the Deaf
ID# : 49.1993.2
Named for William Willard; site of Indiana School for the Deaf, 1850-1911. School founded by Willard, a deaf person, 1843; state-supported since 1844. School now at 1200 East 42nd Street. Willard, principal and teacher, was a dedicated educator of deaf people.