Location: 300 block of N. Main Street at St. Joseph River, Mishawaka. Missing. (St. Joseph County, Indiana)
ID# : 71.1968.2
The first bridge across the St. Joseph River was built at this place in 1837 at a cost of $2499 and was paid for by popular subscription. The bridge replaced a ferry which had operated here from 1834. First bridge replaced by the red, covered bridge in 1846, an iron truss bridge in 1874, and the present concrete bridge in 1907.
Transportation, Buildings and Architecture