The Wolcott House
Location: 500 N. Range Street/US 24/US 231, north edge of Wolcott. (White County, Indiana)
Erected by Gamma Upsilon Chapter Psi Iota Xi
ID# : 91.1961.1
This gracious Italianate home was built c. 1859 by Anson Wolcott, land baron, businessman, attorney, and founder of the town of Wolcott. The plans were drawn by Architect T. Tilly of Chicago. Three generations of the Wolcott family were culturally and politically influential in Indiana and have contributed much to this state.
Buildings and Architecture, Business, Industry, and Labor