Romanian Orthodox Church
Location: White River State Park at the NE corner of the Central Canal and N. Blackford Street bridge, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
Erected 1998 Indiana Historical Bureau and Sts. Constantine and Elena Romanian Orthodox Church
ID# : 49.1998.1
Here, at 635 W. Market Street, original Saints Constantine and Elena Romanian Orthodox Church was dedicated in 1911; incorporated in 1916. Church has served Romanian community spiritually, culturally, and socially. Congregation built current church at 3237 W. 16th Street in 1949; consecrated in 1952.
Immigration and Ethnic Groups, Religion