Benton County Courthouse
Location: 705 East Sixth Street at east entrance of courthouse, Fowler. (Benton County, Indiana)
Erected 1995 Indiana Historical Bureau, Benton County Indiana Historical Society, Inc., and Benton County Commissioners
ID# : 04.1995.1
Marker Review Report: Learn more here.
Benton County formed by General Assembly in 1840. Oxford first county seat; Fowler became second, 1874. Designed in Second Empire Style by Gorden P. Randall and built 1874 by Levi L. Leach. Located at geographical center of county on land donated by Moses Fowler family.
Buildings and Architecture, Government Institutions