- 2017 Registry: Foals of 2018 - last updated 8/11/2017
- 2016 Registry: Foals of 2017
- 2015 Registry: Foals of 2016
- 2014 Registry: Foals of 2015
- 2013 Registry: Foals of 2014
- 2012 Registry: Foals of 2013
- 2011 Registry: Foals of 2012
- 2010 Registry: Foals of 2011
- 2009 Registry: Foals of 2010
- 2008 Registry: Foals of 2009
- 2007 Registry: Foals of 2008
- 2006 Registry: Foals of 2007
- 2005 Registry: Foals of 2006
- 2004 Registry: Foals of 2005
- 2003 Registry: Foals of 2004
Get Email Updates
On September 9, the Indiana Standardbred Breed Development Program and the Indiana Horse Racing Commission (IHRC) is hosting a FREE broodmare health seminar for all Standardbred breeders and owners at Hoosier Park Racing and Casino in Anderson, Indiana.
The Commission invites anyone interested in learning how to improve the health and wellness of the mares in their breeding operation, whether they have one or 20, to attend. The seminar will be held at 1 p.m.
Afterwards, all attendees are invited to a night of harness racing, with first post at 6:30 EDT. Hoosier Park will be giving all attendees a five dollar voucher that can be used for betting or in the casino, as well as access to private suites and start car rides.
“We know breeding top quality foals is everyone’s goal, and we can only do that if the mares are healthy,” says Jessica Barnes, the IHRC’s Director of Breed Development and Racing. “We want to offer our breeders some free education to improve their conception and foaling rates, thus helping grow our Standardbred program.”
Topics to be covered in the seminar include:
- Preparing Maiden and Older/Open Mares for Breeding
- Factors Impacting Conception
- Broodmare Nutrition
- Overall Broodmare Health
The presenters bring with them years of experience in the veterinary and nutrition fields. The IHRC welcomes Dr. Colleen Brady (Purdue University), Dr. Kevin Kirtley (K.C. Kirtley Vet Inc.) and Anthony Koch (Hallway Feeds).
Anyone interested in attending the seminar should RSVP by September 1 by emailing Standardbred@hrc.in.gov
Updates will be posted on the program’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/indianaStandardbred
You can also add the event to your Facebook events: https://facebook.com/events/1297815440327561/