The Excess Liability Trust Fund (ELTF) provides a mechanism for the reimbursement of money spent by underground storage tank owners and operators on the cleanup of petroleum released from underground storage tanks. It also provides the Federally mandated financial assurance for owners and operators of underground petroleum storage tanks and a source of money for the indemnification of third parties.
- The ELTF Application (Revision 8) has been updated with bug fixes and the new mileage rate for 2014. Please use this new copy of the Application located on the IDEM Forms page.
- Change in ELTF Claim Submittals: After the Application has been completed, please send a paper copy and a CD containing a copy of the Excel spreadsheet using the .XLSM extension and a PDF copy of the entire paper file to IDEM.
- An ELTF Training Event was held on, February 13, 2014. Please see the webinar for a recording.
- The ELTF Application has been split into three new forms (available on the IDEM Forms page):
- Electronic ELTF Claims Application - 47139
- ELTF Eligibility Application - 55459
- ELTF Confirmation of Emergency Response Status - 55458
- The ELTF Claim Status Search has been updated and now retrieves live claim information from the database. The Search is available on the UST Branch Report website.
- Mileage rate is the same as the current Federal rate (0.56 cents/mile) established on January 1, 2014. This rate could change annually every January 1st.
Table of Contents
The following forms are available on the IDEM Forms page:
- ELTF Site Categorization For Prioritization of Claims - 59120
- Scope of Work for LUST Sites State Form - 51955
- Notice of Intent to Purchase UST and Reinstate Eligibility - 48079
- The latest version of 328 IAC 1 became effective on March 26, 2011
- Electronic copies of the Rule [PDF] are available on the Indiana General Assembly website
- This version applies to only that work conducted on or after March 26, 2011.
- Personnel rates listed are good until June 1, 2011 at which time they will be adjusted in accordance with the product price index (PPI) percentage from December 2010. Senior Tech has been eliminated.
- Personnel rates have changed. Rates are paid based on the task performed.
- If you sign submittals on behalf of the owner/operator, a Power of Attorney form must be included.
- ELTF Claims Announcement (March 19, 2014) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (March 7, 2014) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (February 11, 2014) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (January 17, 2014) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (November 8, 2013) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (October 31, 2013) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (October 1, 2013) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (May 31, 2013) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (April 17, 2013) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (April 2, 2013) [PDF]
- ELTF Claims Announcement (January 24, 2013) [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Office of Land Quality Document Submittal Guidelines
Laws, Regulations, & Policies