If your business operations produce waste gasses or particles that are released to the air, you may need some type of permit from IDEM's Office of Air Quality. The level of permit required depends on your potential emissions. Visit the links here to learn about the various air permit programs managed by IDEM, and please contact our staff to discuss your specific plans for details about permitting requirements. Working with IDEM to obtain the correct permit will help you stay in compliance with environmental regulations. Failing to apply for an IDEM permit, or operating without the correct type of permit, are violations.
- Air Quality Permit Status Search:
- Indiana's Air Quality Permit Status Search is a new search method to access air permit status information as well as view and download actual permit documents. This new method is linked directly to IDEM's Office of Air Quality permit tracking system to provide information on permit review activities for sources in Indiana. Search for permits by a combination of source name, county, permit type, SIC code, permit milestone dates, and permit ID.
- Air Program: Fee Changes:
- On December 6, 2006 the Air Pollution Control Board (Board) affirmed a decision by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) Commissioner to raise air Part 70 program fees by 25%. Prior to making any fee adjustments to the air program, the Commissioner prepared a report demonstrating the revenue shortfall and need for additional resources to implement the program. The report was presented to the Board on October 19th, 2006, and was available to the public for comment more than 60 days in advance of the December Board meeting at which the fee increase was affirmed. Increases to the annual fees will be reflected on your 2007 annual fee invoice. Increases to the permit fees will be reflected on individual invoices for permits.
- Air Permits Frequently Asked Questions:
- Indiana has prepared a list of frequently asked permitting questions. If you have a permitting question, check to see if we've already answered it in this FAQ.