Many Indiana companies report emissions data as required by the Emission Reporting rule (326 IAC 2-6). An emissions statement contains the amounts of nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, particulate matter that is 10 microns or smaller, and lead released to the air each year.
The IDEM Office of Air Quality (OAQ) collects and compiles emissions data for compliance, billing and planning. OAQ uses the Emission Inventory Tracking System (EMITS) as the primary method of collecting emissions. The reported emissions are used to determine compliance, for Title V billing purposes and for technical purposes such as modeling, redesignations, and rulemaking. Accurate emissions data is important for future program development by OAQ.
If you have questions regarding air emissions reporting, please contact OAQ staff.
- Emission Reporting Rule Information
- Emissions Summary Data:
- This site provides summaries of emissions of criteria pollutants reported by companies throughout the state.
- Online Emission Statement Reporting System:
- The Emission Inventory Tracking System (EMITS) is a fully online reporting system, no longer requiring software installation.
- Reporting Forms and Instructions:
- Instructions and forms for submitting the annual air emissions by paper copy. Includes the forms and instruction for updating an existing facility and adding a new facility.
- Voluntary Reporting of Hazardous Air Pollutants:
- Complete list, information, and forms
- Guidance Materials for the Emissions Statement