Includes Public Comment Period
- Read all forms and guidelines before drafting the petition.
- Calculate the potential to emit of the proposed construction.
- Determine all applicable rules and regulations (state and federal.)
- Draft the Petition for Interim Significant Permit Revision or Petition for Interim Significant Source Modification; Public Notice; and Affidavit of Construction (available from the table below.)
- Sign and date the drafted Petition.
- Sign and date the Affidavit of Construction and have it notarized.
- Fill out the Interim Petition Checklist (available from the table below.)
- The completed interim petition package with the appropriate non-refundable filing and review fee shall be submitted to the following address:
Indiana Department of Environmental Management
Office of Air Quality, Air Permits Administration MC 61-53
ATTN: Incoming Application
100 North Senate Avenue, IGCN 1003
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2251
Make the fee payable to Indiana Department of Environmental Management. Please choose the account number for the interim permit according to the type of source where the new construction will be located and write this account number on the check:
- Minor Source Operating Permit: 3240-140600- 411000
- Title V Source: 2760-150000- 410500
- FESOP or SSOA Source: 2760-150000- 410400
The fee is:
- Title V $625
- FESOP $625
- SSOA $625
- MSOP $500
A permit application shall be submitted at the same time as the submission of the interim petition. The applicant shall:
- Provide a copy of the petition in the local public library nearest to the source.
- Publish a public notice in the largest circulated newspaper where the source is located.
- Submit the proof of publication notice to OAQ.
Public Comment Period for the Significant Permit Revision or Significant Source Modification:
There will be fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of the publication of the notice for the interested parties to comment plus three (3) working days to accommodate the mail delivery of the comments.
OAQ will approve or deny the petition for a Significant Permit Revision or Significant Source Modification within:
- Seventeen days after the publication of the public notice if no comments are submitted within the public comment period, or
- Thirty-one (31) days after the publication of the public notice if comments are submitted within the public comment period, or
- Nineteen days after the receipt of the petition for the interim,
Whichever is the later date.