NetDMR is for online reporting of NPDES and industrial wastewater pretreatment permits.
IDEM will not accept paper DMRs/MROs/MMRs after the end of 2016. The last paper DMRs that can be submitted will be for November 2016. NetDMR will be required for all DMRs/MROs/MMRs beginning with the December 2016 reports.
What are the benefits of NetDMR?
- Reduces paperwork burden
- Assists with DMR data quality by automatically checking for certain violations prior to submission
- Improves timeliness and accessibility of DMR data
- Provides instant confirmation of submission
- Allows for fast revisions of DMR data that can be submitted electronically
- Allows the attachment of approved supporting documents (see the IDEM NetDMR FAQs for approved document list)
Who should report through the NetDMR system?
Every facility in the state of Indiana that is required by a NPDES or Industrial Wastewater Pretreatment (IWP) permit to submit DMRs needs to enroll in NetDMR and begin submitting reports electronically. Use of NetDMR will become mandatory for all permit holders in 2016.
Before Using NetDMR
Step 1: Check the System Requirements
NetDMR is a web based system and requires Internet and a web browser for a facility to gain access. NetDMR requires the following:
- Internet Access Requirements: High-speed access to the Internet
Step 2: Take the NetDMR Training
Before using NetDMR (test version or live/production version), the permittee should do one of the following:
- Review/use the IDEM NetDMR Training Materials below (U.S. EPA materials are supplemental), or
- Contact IDEM for NetDMR training assistance (netDMR@idem.in.gov)
U.S. EPA NetDMR Training Materials:
The U.S. EPA online NetDMR Training modules can be applied to both the test and live/production NetDMR systems. See the IDEM Data Entry Walk-Through training module for how to attach your required MMR or MRO.
IDEM NetDMR Training Materials:
- NetDMR Registration Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]
- NetDMR Data Entry Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]
- NetDMR Miscellaneous (Revise, Import, Print) Walk-Through [PPT] [PDF]
Step 3: Begin with the NetDMR Test Website
- It is recommended that permittees start by using the NetDMR Test Website to become familiar with registration, data entry, and submittal processes and practice submitting at least one DMR electronically before moving on to the Live Website.
- Log In to NetDMR Test Website and notify (by email) email@example.com when a test NetDMR and attached MMR/MRO have been successfully submitted.
Step 4: Register for the NetDMR Live Website
Log in to the NetDMR Live Website and go through the registration process again.
Use the same instructions for the NetDMR test website to register at the Live NetDMR Website. You will need to follow the same steps to recreate your username, password and account information in order to register for the NetDMR Live Website, with one addition. Near the end of the registration process, you will follow the steps below:
- Complete and submit an Indiana Subscriber Agreement. The Indiana Subscriber Agreement is specific to the State of Indiana regulations and cannot be substituted with U.S. EPA Subscriber Agreements.
- The Subscriber Agreement must be printed, signed, and mailed to IDEM:
Upon approval, each NetDMR electronic signature thereafter will refer to the Subscriber Agreement signature(s), until a change in signatory authority is warranted.
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- ATTN: Tammie McNeil
- 100 North Senate Avenue IGCN 1255
- Indianapolis, IN 46204
- You will receive account authorization via email from the NetDMR system.
Notify IDEM if you have any questions about NetDMR for Indiana.
Quick, Helpful Links