Waste Tire Management
The goal of Indiana's Waste Tire Management Program is to develop and advance the management of waste tires in Indiana. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) seeks to develop strategies that recognize waste tires as a marketable resource rather than a waste stream for disposal. IDEM supports and provides financial and technical assistance for source reduction, re-use, recycling, and proper management of waste tires.
The Compliance & Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) offers guidance for questions such as:
- What problems are created by accumulating large piles of tires?
- What is required for proper disposal?
- What are the rules for a business to collect and process waste tires for disposal?
- What are best management practices for waste tire management?
- Is there a list of operations currently approved to collect and dispose of tires?
The following waste tire forms are available on the IDEM Forms page:
- Waste Tire Manifest - 47273
- Application for Waste Tire Storage Site Registration (or Renewal) - 47222
- IDEM Waste Tire Transporter Registration (Or Renewal) - 47220
- Registered Tire Storage Site Closure Cost Estimate - 53784
- Waste Tire Facility Closure Notification - 55351
- Recycle Indiana: Waste Tire Fund
- In-State & Out-of-State Tire Transporter Registration List [XLS]
- Indiana Waste Tire Processors & Storage Facilities [XLS]
- Waste Tire Related Programs
- Waste Tire Management Rule (329 IAC 15) (Download Article 15)
- 329 IAC 15: Key Requirements [PDF]
- Managing Waste Tires in Indiana [PDF]