Guest Speaker Presentations
Environmental presentations offered year-round to schools and organizations
Professional staff members are available from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) as guest speakers for your school or organization. IDEM’s Environmental Education presentations can cover a variety of topics to meet your needs. Available topics include recycling, air, land, water quality, or pollution prevention and sustainability issues. Our presentations are used to teach students, adults, and our community about complex environmental systems by engaging in an easy to understand and fun hands-on experience.
Presentation examples, descriptions and objectives are provided on the Classroom Presentation Topics page. If you are interested in scheduling a guest speaker for your school or organization, call (800) 988-7901 and ask to speak to the Environmental Education Outreach Coordinator, or email education@idem.IN.gov. When responding, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- The contact name of the person at your school/organization to which IDEM staff should respond.
- School/Organization Name.
- School/Organization Address.
- School/Organization Contact E-mail and Phone Number.
- Three (3) potential dates that fit your schedule for the presentation.
- Number of presentations you would like scheduled (maximum of four (4) per grade level in schools)
- Grade level (if applicable) for each respective presentation.
- Number of students to attend each presentation (maximum of 40 students unless arranged with IDEM in advance; ask us about special presentations for larger audiences!).
- Lesson Topic requested for each presentation (recycling, air, land, water quality, or pollution prevention and sustainability).
Earth Day Classroom Presentations
In observance of Earth Day, the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) offers free hands-on classroom presentations to Indiana elementary schools in April. IDEM employees across all disciplines volunteer to present fun, engaging, and informative presentations that provide students with examples of environmental careers while teaching them about our environment.
Additional information about the classroom presentations as well as registration is available on the Earth Day Presentations page. The 2018 deadline for schools to request Earth Day presentations is February 21.