The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) has created a number of web-based tools to assist the public with viewing and using different types of environmental data. Additional data and services may be added periodically; check this page often to find the latest information and tools.
- Grant Reporting and Tracking System (GRTS):
- This U.S. EPA database is an interactive data reporting with mapping application to facilitate access to project data through a common interface for searching and retrieval of all Section 319 Nonpoint Source Program projects. This is the database used by staff for reporting Section 319 grant activities. This interface uses geographic information systems (GIS) and data tables to display the watershed management planning, implementation, education, assessment, and program support projects funded through this program. To assist you with Guest Access to this database, IDEM had provided a brief tutorial.
- Impaired Waters (e303d):
- This web-GIS application provides a display of the impaired waters along with additional information associated with the listings, such as the development status of TMDLs and the establishment of watershed management plans (WMPs). This application offers users the ability to zoom to their address, water body, county, or watershed, identify waterbodies and all associated listing category data, TMDLs and WMPs where these activities are or have been occurring in the selected area, and provides the assessments reported in the Integrated Report. You may also skip the tutorial.
- Indiana Water Quality Atlas:
- This is an interactive mapping application to facilitate access to a wide variety of geographically-referenced data through a common interface for watershed management, land use planning, and water quality analysis purposes. This interface uses geographic information systems (GIS) and data modeling tools to focus specifically on Indiana’s water quality and how it is affected by land use change. Additional guidance on the use of IWQA is available.
- IDEM e-Services Portal:
- Access IDEM’s available information and data management services. The services can provide direct access to more than 25 million virtual documents and files, allow you to complete a permit or regulatory application online, or even view public data from an agency database.
- IDEM Resources:
- General information on IDEM acronyms, grants and loans, office locations, public records and maps.
- Providing access to Indiana’s continuous air quality monitoring network, IDEM’s LEADS site offers access to near real-time data from air monitors across Indiana. Approximately 65 percent of Indiana’s air monitoring network is now available via this system.
- Volunteer Mitigation Sites:
- A conduit for State employees, environmental consultants, and the public to share information regarding potential mitigation sites for wetlands, streams, lakes or other water features.