- U.S. Department of Energy Office of Efficiency and Renewable Energy:
- U.S. DOE invests in clean energy technologies that strengthen the economy, protect the environment, and reduce dependence on foreign oil.
- U.S. Green Building Council: LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design):
- LEED is a voluntary, consensus-based, market-driven program that provides third-party verification of green buildings.
Environmental Management Systems
- Guidebook for Improving Energy and Environmental Performance in Local Government:
- This guidebook is a tool that can walk municipalities through the EMS implementation process with a minimum of outside support. Five Winds International prepared this Guidebook with funding through a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s Office of Energy and Technology Development.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:
- U.S. EPA provides a general overview of environmental management systems, as well as training and resource information.
- Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable:
- Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable is a professional organization dedicated to promoting information exchange and networking to pollution prevention professionals in the Great Lakes regions of the United States and Canada.
- Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center:
- KPCC is Kentucky's primary resource to help business, industries and other organizations develop environmentally sustainable, cost-saving solutions for improved efficiency. KPPC is based at the University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering.
- National Pollution Prevention Roundtable:
- The National Pollution Prevention Roundtable is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is the largest membership organization in the United States devoted solely to pollution prevention. The mission of the Roundtable is to provide a national forum for promoting the development, implementation, and evaluation of efforts to avoid, eliminate, or reduce pollution at the source.
- National Stewardship Action Council (NSAC):
- NSAC is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to improving social and environmental performance. Members include representatives from the academic, state government, non-governmental, investment and industrial and services sectors.
- Purdue University Manufacturing Extension Partnership:
- The Manufacturing Extension Partnership is a non-profit organization that provides high value, affordable solutions to help businesses increase profitability. Assistance is available in the areas of energy efficiency, green enterprise development, lean manufacturing, etc.
Other Useful Websites
- Local Government Environmental Assistance Network:
- The Local Government Environmental Assistance Network is a "first-stop shop" providing environmental management, planning, funding, and regulatory information for local government elected and appointed officials, managers and staff.
- Smart Growth Network:
- The Network was formed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and several non-profit and government organizations in response to increasing community concerns about the need for new ways to grow that boost the economy, protect the environment, and enhance community vitality.