What are the Benefits of Membership? - CLEAN Community Members Receive Recognition, Financial, and Regulatory Rewards
Municipalities who qualify as CLEAN Communities will have implemented a less expensive, more effective, and greener plan for their community’s environmental issues. Indiana’s air, land, and water will be cleaner, and the state will be a healthier place. Municipalities may see the following benefits:
- Improved ability to meet compliance requirements
- Increased efficiency, reduced costs and greater operational consistency
- Improved environmental awareness, involvement and competency throughout the organization
- Better communication about environmental issues inside and outside the organization
- Better relationships with regulators
- Improved quality of life for residents
- Improved ability to attract businesses and residents to locate in your community
In addition, IDEM offers the following rewards to communities attaining CLEAN status:
- Priority Support and Assistance from IDEM’s confidential Compliance & Technical Assistance Program (CTAP)
- A Road Sign carrying the CLEAN Community Logo
- A Plaque
- A CLEAN Community Logo for use on city letterhead, websites, and newspapers
- A Press Event or News Release announcing membership in the program
- Recognition on IDEM’s web site
- Invitation to join the Partners for Pollution Prevention
- Increased visibility as a partner with IDEM on future pilot and funding projects
- Invitations to attend annual CLEAN Member meetings with IDEM Commissioner to discuss environmental progress and/or needs.
- Recognized as a clean and healthy place to live in Indiana
Become a CLEAN Community Today!
Questions? Please contact the CLEAN program manager at (800) 988-7901 or via email at clean@idem.IN.gov.