- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana Department of Administration

IDOA > State & Federal Surplus > General Surplus Information > Federal Surplus Donation Program > Eligibility Requirements Eligibility Requirements

The following are a few types of organizations and agencies that may be approved for Indiana Federal Surplus program eligibility.  Please refer to the FMR and the Federal Surplus Application for a detailed type.

Public Agencies: Local Units of Government / State Agencies

City, town, township, county, educational, health, economic development, parks and recreation, public safety, conservation, and programs that provide assistance to the homeless, elderly and impoverished may be eligible upon submission of their Federal Surplus application.

Public Agencies must attach the following to their application:

    1. A copy of the latest budget or financial statement (bank statement)
    2. A copy of your drug-free policy
    3. A copy of the license (health) or accreditation (education) with a renewal or expiration date.

Non-Profit Organizations/Agencies

Educational, health, public safety, and programs that provide assistance to the homeless, elderly and impoverished may qualify.

Non-profit organizations/agencies must attach the following to their application:

    1. Written description on letterhead of:
        1. Programs or services offered
        2. Number of staff (state full time or part time)
        3. Operating business days and hours
        4. Number of residents or population served
        5. Physical description of facility
    2. A copy of their budget that indicates their source of funding.
    3. A copy of the organization's drug-free policy.
    4. A copy of the license and/or accreditation certificate or letter of accreditation with renewal or expiration date or national approval.
    5. A copy of two (2) letters of reference from elected officials verifying the agency's existence and purpose.
    6. A copy of your 501(c)(3) tax exemption certificate or letter (name & address must be same as on application).
    7. Fire and Rescue agencies must also submit a copy of the staff's certificates of training and/or licenses, a copy of their current contract with a local unit of government, and a copy of the local unit of government's auditor's printout indicating proof of public funding.  Please note: volunteer public safety agencies must be funded in part by appropriated tax dollars and provide proof of such funding.